Updated 7 May 2014
Reza Hooda is the Honorary Treasurer of The World Federation. A chartered accountant by profession with his own practice, Reza has been an active member of his local Jamaat as the Jamaat Treasurer and a member of the project committee. Reza joined The World Federation team in 2011.
Interviewer, Sakina Datoo, had to opportunity to sit with Reza and discuss his experiences as the Honorary Treasurer, as well as his achievements and the hurdles he has faced over the last three years.
In his interview, Reza talks about how the organisation obtains funding for their work, the concept of The World Federation Foundation Fund and legacy giving, both of which will increase sustainability of The World Federation on a long term basis. He also stresses the importance of youth involvement and the improvements that The World Federation has made in terms of its processes and data analysis, allowing for better reporting and strategy development.
Reza answered several questions including:
• This is your first term as the Honorary Treasurer and also your first term in the organisation - what are your reflections on how the term has gone?
• Tell us about what you achieved in the last three years? What more can be done?
• With an organisation the size of The World Federation, there will be a number of strategies in place – can you please talk more about the charity's fundraising strategy?
• Why should someone donate to The World Federation?
• There is often criticism on the organisation's admin charge - why is there an admin charge? Is there anything being done to reduce this?
The interview can be viewed here
Have comments and questions? Send them to The World Federation via:
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org