The World Federation is an NGO in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations
The World Federation
exists to achieve the
pleasure of Allah SWT by
developing spiritual and
The World Federation
enables its member institutions
to promote the
values and practices of the
Islamic Shia Ithna Asheri
Faith for the spiritual and
material well being of
humanity at large
About The World Federation of KSIMC
Registered, in the United Kingdom, The World Federation of Khoja Shia Ithna-Asheri Muslim Communities has existed for over 30 years. We are a faith-based organization, consisting of about 125,000 community members worldwide, mainly in Canada, East Africa, India, Middle East, Pakistan, The United Kingdom and the United States of America.
The World Federation is made up of member organisations based in different regions. Some of the regional federations include Africa Federation, Kutch Federation, North American Shia Ithna-Asheri Muslim Communities Organization (NASIMCO), The Council of European Jamaats (CoEJ), and The Council of Gujarat. The role of The World Federation is to facilitate endeavours of its member organisations, through strategic planning and providing necessary resources for effective implementation.
The World Federation believes that all human beings are entitled to basic provisions, and therefore one of its key strategic objectives is to undertake humanitarian projects to achieve this. The long term aim of the World Federation is to bring about self sufficiency within the developing world, through providing access to water, healthcare and education for all. In addition the organisation’s core values include spreading the true message of Islam as a religion that emphasises on peace and upholding human values.
We implement our projects through working closely with partners based in different parts of the globe. Examples of projects undertaken include:-
We also recognise the importance of capacity building within our communities and have set an agenda of building capacity within grassroots worldwide.
- A rapid response to emergencies and disasters worldwide
- Relieving financial deprivation through economic development and building human capacity and potential
- Provision of medical facilities and healthcare, through the running of several Health Centres and Eye Clinics worldwide
- Supporting of projects that provide for safe drinking water in developing countries
- Provision of low cost housing
- Provision of necessities to groups that are most vulnerable, such as seniors, children and women
- Sponsoring students from developing countries who wish to study in regions where there is a high level of education, supported by adequate resources and facilities
- Engagement with various interfaith groups aimed at bridging the gap between Muslim communities and those of other religions, in order to promote community cohesion
- Publication and distribution of Islamic books
Our motto is ‘We exist to Serve’.
Click here to read more about the history of the organisation. To find out more, email firstname.lastname@example.org